19433Re: WSJ mentions next-gen Y!Mail

  • lloyd
    Sep 11, 2010
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

      > Source : http://is.gd/f5CJw
      >
      > Yahoo Inc. is redesigning its email service to help stem a user
      decline and counter offerings from longtime rivals Microsoft Corp. and
      Google Inc. as well as social-networking services such as Facebook and
      Twitter.

      [etc., etc.]

      > Yahoo is also changing the look of the service to resemble the simpler
      design of the email app that is downloaded on mobile devices such as
      Apple Inc.'s iPad or phones that use Google's Android software. The
      updates to the email service are expected to roll out this fall.

      Hmmm... the way I read this is that they'll remove even more features,
      and also narrow even more the difference between Mail Plus and
      non-paying email. I was pretty happy with Mail+ until Yahoo removed the
      backup feature, and only squawking got them to restore folders to
      disposable email addresses when they took that away.

      Little by little I've been moving vendors over to my gmail address, and
      this isn't going to slow it down.

      Sigh.

      -Lloyd
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic