      From: froogalmom <froogalmomfl@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, June 2, 2010 9:19:42 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Issues syncing Yahoo calendar to iPod iTouch

      FYI, I am getting nowhere with Yahoo Calendar customer service, they keep on sending me the same canned message telling me to download Intellisync (without providing a link but it doesn't matter, Nokia doesn't even have that product on their page anymore anyway because it's been discontinued) and providing instructions to uninstall it (?).

      So I switched to Google calendar. It was painless, took only a few minutes and it's syncing back and forth to my iTouch without any problems, which pretty much confirms that the issue wasn't on the iTouch side (not that I ever had any doubts) but on the Yahoo Calendar side. Google lets me forward my emails to Yahoo Mail so I can even get my calendar reminders in my Yahoo email, which is good because I didn't want to change my email address which I have had for many years.

      So if anyone else has the same problem, my fix was to move to Google. Word to the wise...

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "froogalmom" <froogalmomfl@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the issue I'm having.
      > I've had an iTouch since Christmas and, until yesterday, I had been syncing my Yahoo calendar to the device and vice-versa without any problems.
      >
      > Nothing changed on my end, but suddenly events that I enter on Yahoo calendar on my PC do not sync up to my iTouch. Events that I enter on the iTouch/Yahoo calendar will sync up to Yahoo calendar but after a delay of about 5 minutes. I don't think there was so long a delay before but I never really paid that much attention.
      >
      > I have contacted Yahoo customer service and asked if anything had changed on the Yahoo side this weekend that caused that problem. They were no help, told me to download Intellisync and
      that there was no further support. I haven't had to download Intellisync before and furthermore, Wikipedia indicates that it has been discontinued and that support will only be provided until July 19 of this year so I don't really want to install some software that I didn't need before that's already obsolete anyway.

      > Has anyone else noticed the same problems? My Yahoo mail syncs just fine and I have no other problems on the iTouch side.
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic