19175Re: Disposable email not going to designated folder

  • h.hans
    May 29, 2010
      Hmm, I tried to reply to another post on this topic (post number 19134, "ALERT: Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers - Yahoo! Disposable Email Addres"), and it said the message was posted, but it does not appear. Perhaps there is a long delay for moderator review?

      You may be interested to know that, even if you set up the filters the way Yahoo now says, it still won't do 100% accurate folder delivery as it did in the past. Now, even with the correct filters, most, if not all, spam, as well as legitimate mail (such as those marked "undisclosed recipients"), will wind up in your Inbox (contrary to their promotional claims). This is because they changed the mechanism to some kind of "fuzzy logic", apparently. I reported this to Yahoo Customer Care and they declined to pursue this as an issue. For further details, see my article "Did Yahoo break Disposable Email Addresses" on Usenet and Cnet.

      In the above-mentioned reply that did not appear, I mentioned that maybe this is Yahoo's way of trying to "end of life" Mail Plus and migrate users off of it. I was sort of half-joking, but reading the comment below about click-throughs makes me wonder.

      A variety of additional issues with the recent changes to AddressGuard were posted on Yahoo Buzz (see the user comments below the article):

      > Gerry, whilst I don't have this issue you have with redirecting disposable email addresses, your point in principle is correct. When one pays a fee, you expect something in return. Other than the disposable email addresses and no adverts, there seem few benefits left to a Plus account now. Presumably Yahoo makes more money on click through advertising on non-paid accounts than the Plus ones. If not, then this is not a good customer retention scheme. If you're not paying for something regularly, it makes it that much easier to move to a rival service.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic