19128Re: Disposable email not going to designated folder

  • Gerry
    May 20, 2010
      Same here Lloyd... I have hundreds of disposable addresses that all were going to their own respective folders. But now they are cluttering up my Inbox. I too may be ditching my paid account after being with them since 1999. Every year that goes by there is less and less incentive to pay them money.

      --
      Gerald

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "lloyd" <lmhaskins@...> wrote:

      > Of course, I like replying to my own message.
      >
      > If you look at the Y-Mail blog
      > <http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/changes-to-yahoo-mail-options-dis\
      > posable-email-addresses/> , you'll see the exact scenario mentioned, so
      > it's been planned.
      >
      > Still disappointing.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "lloyd" <lmhaskins@> wrote:
      > >
      > > [Before I start, the latest message that I can see on this board is
      > from
      > > May 3, 2010 5:35 pm; what's up with no messages for 15 days?]
      > >
      > > Today (5/18/2010), I noticed that email going to my disposable
      > addresses
      > > is going to my Inbox instead of the specified folders. When I went to
      > > look at the settings for a couple of my addresses, I noticed a new
      > > interface for disposable addresses in that it's no longer in the
      > > old-style Options page but now has a new page under the "new" email
      > > settings. It only now lets me modify the address keyword (what comes
      > > after basename-), optional color indicator, the "From" name for that
      > > address, and any notes. There is no longer an option to specify the
      > > destination folder, plus I can no longer say whether email to this
      > > address should be filtered or possibly sent to the Spam folder.
      > >
      > > In place of being able to specify the destination folder, there is a
      > > general link for managing filters, even though it says "...for
      > > disposable addresses."
      > >
      > > What this means is that I now have to go through all of my disposable
      > > addresses--I have 187--and set destination folders for each manually.
      > > Plus I have to reorder the new ones since I have very general filters
      > at
      > > the end of the list to sweep up emails that made it through the
      > earlier
      > > filters.
      > >
      > > Disposable addresses are what keeps me from going to Gmail. Being
      > able
      > > to easily specify folders was part of that.
      > >
      > > Bad move, Yahoo Mail!
      > >

      > > Lloyd

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic