19127Re: Disposable email not going to designated folder

  • Gerry
    May 20 10:00 PM
      Disposable Email Addresses are what kept me with Yahoo too. I se no reason to pay for the 'Plus' account any more as there is no longer a 'Plus'. I have hundreds of disposable emails addresses and was already using a lot of my filter quota... So I have don;t have enough filter available to accomplish the task. You would think that if they were going to do this they would have upped the max on filters.

      Even with unlimited filters... defining them all again would be a big task. Afer 11 years with Yahoo they have finally managed to run off this paying customer. I know... I know... don't let the door hit ya... :-)

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "lloyd" <lmhaskins@...> wrote:

      > [Before I start, the latest message that I can see on this board is from
      > May 3, 2010 5:35 pm; what's up with no messages for 15 days?]
      >
      > Today (5/18/2010), I noticed that email going to my disposable addresses
      > is going to my Inbox instead of the specified folders. When I went to
      > look at the settings for a couple of my addresses, I noticed a new
      > interface for disposable addresses in that it's no longer in the
      > old-style Options page but now has a new page under the "new" email
      > settings. It only now lets me modify the address keyword (what comes
      > after basename-), optional color indicator, the "From" name for that
      > address, and any notes. There is no longer an option to specify the
      > destination folder, plus I can no longer say whether email to this
      > address should be filtered or possibly sent to the Spam folder.
      >
      > In place of being able to specify the destination folder, there is a
      > general link for managing filters, even though it says "...for
      > disposable addresses."
      >
      > What this means is that I now have to go through all of my disposable
      > addresses--I have 187--and set destination folders for each manually.
      > Plus I have to reorder the new ones since I have very general filters at
      > the end of the list to sweep up emails that made it through the earlier
      > filters.
      >
      > Disposable addresses are what keeps me from going to Gmail. Being able
      > to easily specify folders was part of that.
      >
      > Bad move, Yahoo Mail!
      >

      > Lloyd

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic