18991Re: Incoming email being delayed or never arriving at all

  • Morac
    Mar 15, 2010
      Well the one email I was missing finally showed up 2 days later. Unfortunately the link isn't valid any more since it timed out after 24 hours. That's the longest delay I've seen. Looking at the headers, I can see that it didn't arrive at Yahoo until today, but there's no indication as to why it was delayed.

      I'm trying to deal with Yahoo support and the best they can tell me is to contact the senders and have them fill out a form on Yahoo's postmaster page. That shouldn't be necessary. I don't know what Yahoo is doing exactly, but the headers indicate that the sender didn't contact Yahoo until minutes, hours or days after the email was sent. It's not a problem with other email providers so Yahoo must be somehow preventing the emails from being sent in a timely manner.

      Considering I'm actually paying Yahoo money, they shouldn't be messing with incoming email.

      The last email I got from Yahoo says they want to look into my account to see why the delays are happening, but if it's happening to all Yahoo users, then what's the point at looking at my account?

      I hate it that Yahoo took away phone support. Yahoo has chat support, but all they do is tell me to fill out a web page form. :(

      I'd switch to GMail, but that would be a major pain since I'd literally have to change my address on hundreds of sites. For now sites which have problems I've switched to GMail and have GMail forward it to Yahoo. That arrives instantly, where as having the site send the email to Yahoo is delayed.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "steve_chadheath" <deepend@...> wrote:

      > I have seen this delay too with my Yahoo! Mail though not quite so much as previously when emails were taking days to arrive in some cases.
      >
      > I have a number of domain names for which I have set up email addresses which forward emails to multiple accounts (e.g., Yahoo! Gmail, Hotmail, etc) ensuring I can still receive emails should one service go down.
      >
      > However, I still have some emails arrive almost immediately into my Gmail, Hotmail inboxes etc., but arrive 'late' into my Yahoo! inbox.
      >
      > There doesn't seem to be a particular pattern to this although I would also say that it seems 'registration' type emails are affected as much as any.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Morac" <mjk4984@> wrote:
      > >
      > > For the most part, email I receive from people arrive pretty much instantly in my Yahoo Mail box. Lately there are some emails that are considerably delayed. These are mostly "registration emails" that are send to verify an email address when one registers with a web site. I sometimes have to end up registering with my GMail address simply because email always shows up there instantly, even when I'm having problems receiving them with Yahoo Mail.
      > >
      > > For example, yesterday I tried to register with the Square Enix Account Management page:
      > > https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/regist?rgn=na&lng=en
      > >
      > > It said it sent me a confirmation email, which I never received. I then went back and registered with my GMail address and the email showed up immediately there. I still haven't received the email for the registration attempt with my Yahoo Mail address. There's no way to trigger another email without waiting for the first one to expire in 24 hours.
      > >
      > > Example 2, I tried to register at http://www.sodiumone.com/registration with my Yahoo Mail address and again an email was sent out, but I didn't get it. I tried again with the same result. I then used my GMail address (twice in a row) and both emails showed up instantly. I tried my Yahoo address again (twice) and still nothing. Finally about 10 minutes emails started trickling in to my Yahoo address. It took about 2 hours for all 4 emails to arrive.
      > >

      > > During this time I sent myself test messages from GMail and my work email address and they showed up instantly. So it seems that Yahoo is delaying or blocking emails from certain addresses
      > >
      > > I've also had important emails delayed for several hours such that I missed what the email was reminding me about. It makes me wonder if I'm not receiving emails for other things as well.
      > >
      > > Has anyone seen this problem? It's nearly enough to get me to switch over to GMail.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic