18888Upgrading your mail search (a message from the Y! Mail team)

  • h_c_wang
    Jan 25, 2010
      Hi folks,

      I first wanted to clarify that there is not a system wide outage impacting mail search. We've been busy upgrading the entire search infrastructure over the last 6 months and upgrading hundreds of millions of accounts takes a looong time. We're on the home stretch so the vast majority of our users should already have reliable and quick search results. For those who are still having problems, they should be resolved soon.

      yanp, thanks for opening a customer care ticket regarding your search experience. As you've already noticed, we've manually upgraded your account due to the problems you were experiencing.

      g.humes your yahoo.com address was upgraded last month, perhaps your att account hasn't been processed yet. Feel free to contact our customer support with the id of your att account.

      For anyone with a broken search experience today, you can contact our customer support team (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html) and we will do our best to upgrade you as well.

      Thanks

      Yahoo! Mail Team

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@...> wrote:

      > Hi.
      >
      > I can't search for anything in my mail. There is mail that I'm looking at and words in it don't come up in any of the search results.
      >
      > I contacted Yahoo's email support and they told me that they are having a system wide outage and it's ticket number 3328450.
      >
      > Is anyone else having the same problem?
      >
      > Version 2.6
      > build 272.7
      > 12/23/2009 12:34 PM