18885Re: Search not working in Yahoo Mail.

  • yanp
    Jan 25, 2010
      On Friday around mid-day.. I was working in my email and it said that it needs to sign me out and I have to log in again.  At first I thought my account was being hacked or something bad was going to happen.

      What actually happened was... I logged in and my search would work, by finding one message for anything I typed it.  I'm assuming that my mailbox was being reindexed.  For the next few days, more and more results would show up with each search and I'd say that I think they were accurate last night.

      I'm glad that it finally got fixed, but can't believe that it took almost 4 days.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "yanp" <yanp@...> wrote:

      > Mine has been working intermittently for the last 6 months. I contacted
      > support about 3 times last night and every one of them gave me the same
      > ticket number and told me it was a large outage.
      >
      > I just contacted them again and they gave me the same ticket number.
      > Told me it is still an issue and to check the official blog (has
      > nothing).
      >
      > I can't believe how many problems I've had with the last six months and
      > sadly I'm getting closer and closer to dropping it. Is anyone else
      > having a problem searching right now that has contacted support?
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel pennyroyalnorwich@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Mine went out this week as well -- as soon as I discovered it, I
      > requested live help, and within an hour it was repaired. Everything gets
      > a little quirky after that (lots of error messages, I have to reboot a
      > few times) but after about a day, it seems to settle down.
      > >
      > > Now if I had only remembered to tell Live Help about the
      > automatically-deleting messages! Dang!
      > >
      > > Robin Siegel
      > > New Mail power user, Mac, Firefox

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic