18857Re: Why Is Yahoo Mail So Slow?!

  • skywaffle1
    Jan 2, 2010
      I'm telling you it is getting worse and worse...

      Tonight I was at my mother's and she was complaining about how slow yahoo mail was for the 1,000th time. I took a look. It took 20 seconds for a message in the inbox to open after she clicked on it! I'm not kidding.

      It's not her computer or her connection... it's yahoo mail. Everything else works fine. It takes forever most of the time to load yahoo mail and to open messages. Sometimes other operations take way too long as well.

      And I am having the same experience at my house. If this doesn't get better soon I am dumping Yahoo mail.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "skywaffle1" <skywaffle1@...> wrote:

      > I'm in New York, on Long Island. It has to be something specifically about either the path or the servers that serve Yahoo from here because most other things I do on the Internet work just fine.
      >
      > And I'm not talking about just one computer or one location. I've noticed that it is slow (especially loading mail each time you go to the mailbox again) from a number of locations here in NY and from a number of different computers.
      >
      > It feels to me like there isn't enough server horsepower or some other bottleneck that doesn't have the capacity to handle the traffic. It's very frustrating sometimes.
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well over here Yahoo!'s way faster to load than Gmail. On slow connections Gmail will simply hangs where Yahoo! loads just as fast... Oh and before that I had to remove some features from the Gmail Labs to make the webmail loads properly... So i'm not sure where you problem may be coming from. I use both Safari and Chrome/Chromium.
      > >

      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "skywaffle1" <skywaffle1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have a very fast connection to the Internet. Most sites work great. My G-mail loads and works very fast. But Yahoo mail has always been slow and seems to be getting slower all the time. Recently it has reached a threshold where it is downright annoying. It's like I went back to dialup.
      > > >
      > > > My Mom, who also has a fast connection at a different location complained to me that I switched her to yahoo mail because she says it runs so slow compared to the other e-mail she used.
      > > >
      > > > I googled it and see that people have been complaining for years about this.
      > > >
      > > > What's up with yahoo mail? Can't they do something about the speed?

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic