      From: Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, October 12, 2009 8:50:31 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Preview [was re:where is that setting?]

      How do you preview messages? I'd like to learn that.  Cindy

      Obedience is a lifestyle...
      Melanie...Border Collie mix
      Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
      Gimli...Vindarne' s Lord of the Rings...Norwegian Elkhound

      --- On Mon, 10/12/09, Deb from MI <yahoodeb@comcast. net> wrote:
      I've noticed the same thing just within the last couple of days.   The setting I think you are referring to is in Mail Options > General where you can set the time for "mark messages as read."  I'd rather not have my messages marked as read when I preview them, only when I actually open them, so I have had this set to "never" assuming this setting was only in reference to messages that were being viewed in the preview pane (this is how it is in other mail programs).  Everything was working as I expected -- messages were never getting marked as read when previewed, no matter how long they appeared in the preview pane, but when I actually opened a message from my inbox, it would be marked as read...  until a couple of days ago.  All of a sudden messages that I actually opened were no longer being marked as read.  I changed the "mark messages as read" setting to 5 seconds (longest possible interval).  Now my opened mail does get marked as read as it should, however messages are also being marked as read when they appear in the preview pane for more than 5 seconds, which I do not want to happen.

      It does appear that something has changed.

      Deb

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic