      From: SpringChick <yahoodeb@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, 11 October, 2009 18:11:20
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Filters in New Yahoo! Mail

      I agree the extra filters are nice. But generally speaking Yahoo! mail has leaps and bounds to go before being competitive with the options provided with filters/rules in other mail apps. The two most notable would be additional actions/multiple actions per item and the ability to use -or- criteria, not just -and- criteria.

      Currently when a message meets the designated criteria, the only thing you can do with it is move it into a folder. I really would like to see the ability to mark a message read *and* file it away in a folder, or to forward a message/copy to another email address based on filter criteria. Likewise, you can establish multiple criteria, in which case a message must meet all conditions, but there is no option for -or- criteria where a message would be handled if it met one or the other condition.

      It's certainly better than no filters at all, but there is much room for improvement before it is truly an effective way to manage lots of incoming mail.

      Deb

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "mailzentrale" <joe.fox@... > wrote:

      > There are still some areas in New Yahoo! Mail where I have to switch back to Mail Classic, especially the filters function.
      >
      > Have the Yahoo! guys forgotten about it or are they still working on it? I'm waiting for that function to be updated for one or two years now. Can't be that difficult. ;-)
      >
      > But thank you for offering 200 filters now. Maybe only for us Plus users. Really great.
      >
      > Regards
      > Joe

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic