      From: justkenneth <postkenny-ygroups@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:58:25 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Discontinued Addresses

      Perhaps the kgcrafts Yahoo ID wasn't the primary ID for that user's

      I know for a fact that the additional Yahoo! IDs, or aliases as they
      call them now, that I've created for a given primary account can be
      deleted and immediately become available to other users. I've in
      effect transferred aliases to other accounts by deleting them from
      one account and then logging into another account to register them
      there. I know they become available immediately because I would
      quickly logout from one account and then login with the other just in
      case someone else happened to be trying to get that ID in the interim
      and got it before I did.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Shal Farley <shalf@...> wrote:
      > Gil,
      > >For years I wanted that Yahoo ID (kgcrafts), but it was taken.
      > >About every two weeks I would check the availability of it. Lo
      > >and behold, about a year ago it was available and of course I
      > >snatched it.
      > Excellent, I stand corrected. So there may be some hope for krazy4becky after all.
      > I wonder if the availability of a previously taken ID is strictly a hold time, or whether there are other factors (such as, how the ID was freed). For example, in Yahoo Groups a group name becomes immediately available if you rename the group, but is reserved for a long time (months) if you delete the group.
      > -- Shal

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic