      From: Shal Farley <shalf@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:56:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] How do I report this???????

      Juanita,

      There's not a lot you can do about this, unfortunately.

      This isn't an invitation, it is a verification request from Yahoo saying
      that they received an email (ostensibly from you) requesting to join
      that group. That is, someone pretending to be you sent an blank email to
      SexyWebcam105- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com and Yahoo sent back this message
      to verify whether you actually wish to join that group.

      It may be a person, or as likely a spam or virus program, that forged
      your email address onto the subscription request. But since you don't
      have a copy of what was sent to Yahoo, there's no way for you to track
      down the actual sender and report them.

      In this specific case it is actually a bad idea for you to mark it as
      spam. In the future, should you wish to join a group, you may run into
      difficulty because your confirmation request may be more likely to get
      tossed as spam. Also, other users of Y!Mail may be inconvenienced when
      they try to join Yahoo Groups, as their confirmation requests may be
      more likely to land in the spam heap.

      The best thing to do with this is to simply delete it.

      -- Shal

      On 8/12/2009 9:33 AM, Juanita wrote:
      > I have received this invitation and keep marking it as "spam" but it keeps coming back. I have no idea where they got my name. I don't visit those kind of sites. Has anyone else received this invitation? It is offensive to me and I'd like to report it but haven't found the right place since "spam" didn't work. The email:
      >

      > Hello lady_jo_nc@( yahoo).com,
      >
      > We have received your request to join the SexyWebcam105
      > group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.

      [snip]

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic