18047Re: YMail's spam protection is a joke

  • Robin Siegel
    Jul 1, 2009
      I've actually been very happy with the Yahoo Mail spam filters for a long time now. The funny thing is that I've also been less frustrated with the spam I get. Almost all of it is in Chinese! Makes it very easy to pick out the few real emails that belong in my Inbox.

      What happened to all the American spam? Almost nobody wants to give me increased sexual prowess or sell me a pizza anymore.

      My most recent spam crisis was when Verizon decided not to deliver my emails to any of their clients, and I had to return their bounces to their so-called "white list" address and beg them to let me email the recipients one by one. That was a very bad couple of months, but happily I think they've released me now.

      Life is good.

      Robin Siegel
      Yahoo power user