17771Re: How to reply always with > (or plain text)

  • sarahksmom
    May 1, 2009
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <okiebelle53@...> wrote:

      > You can only do that with plain text. Personally I do not like them. I clean them out so that the email does not look so messy! If I need to reply within the email they sent then I make it red so that it will stand out. :)

      Your solution does nothing for people who prefer plain text. The red type will not show up. It stays just as messy in a different way. If you don't like the angle brackets (many do, because it keeps it clear who said what), then it would be helpful if you could employ some other way of attributing quotes, and marking them as quotes, that doesn't involve HTML or rich text manipulation. Some people type the writer's name in caps followed by a colon, as if it were dialog in a script.

      Miriam Solon
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic