17373Re: Smarter Inbox

  • sarahksmom
    Feb 1, 2009
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd Haskins" <lmhaskins@...> wrote:

      > I don't know about everybody else, but I don't like having my social
      > network be the same as my email service. I like it that I don't have
      > to show my email address in Facebook if I do not want to.

      AMEN to that! I was at a Y!Groups Town Hall meeting this past summer
      when they demoed all the new functionality they were proposing, and my
      comment was that they were trying to be FB. I thought it was an
      interesting idea then, but the practical reality is that I like to
      keep these functions separate, as well. Nevermind, that the Y!G team
      doesn't have even as much of a clue as FB as to how to implement these
      changes, and anybody whose been on FB for the last year knows how
      [ummm] awkward FB's developers are at rolling out changes.

      > Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of making people that want to be in my
      > connection have to get a Yahoo! login. Again, Facebook wins on that
      > one.

      Yeah, all I really want out of Y! is my address book to update
      correctly when I add someone... I'll decide if we're "connected." FB
      has a better handle on the nuances of privacy, but it is hopeless at
      mail and discussion group management. I'd hate for Y! to give up what
      it's good at in an attempt to be FB, because it might be even worse at it.

      Miriam Solon
      sangha-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Miriam Solon
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic