17153Re: recipients limits

  • fiction_scribe
    Nov 30, 2008
      Your advice is right on the money. There is no reason to struggle to
      make Y! Mail do what Y! Groups is designed to do.

      Miss Fiction Scribe
      |><)))*>
      PS Thanks for mentioning the Yahoo Group of Groups! in your sig line.
      (I joined under the Y!ID associated with a couple of my groups.)

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shalf@...> wrote:

      > Chuck,
      >
      > That's something you can do easily with a Yahoo Group.
      >
      > It isn't very hard to set up and run a newsletter type of group.
      Just create the group and configure it so that only the moderators
      (you) can post messages. Then use the Add feature (on the Invite page)
      to copy/paste your email list into the group. I did that to jump-start
      communications with about 300 of my high-school classmates prior to
      our 30th reunion.

      > The Help link (upper right on the Groups page) will point you to all
      the information you need. See especially the "Yahoo Groups tips and
      tricks" link on the help page to contact other group moderators to ask
      questions and get advice.

      > -- Shal
      > Moderator, Yahoo! Group of Groups
      > <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/yahoo_group_of_groups/>
      >

      > At 07:20 PM 11/28/2008, you wrote:
      >
      > >I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx
      > >250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size
      > >limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic