      From: Todd Richardson <toddgrich@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:16:53 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Feeds being removed from New Mail

      Well, I think the key is My yahoo is not set up like a reader. Here
      are the main features I used with the Mail feeds and are looking to
      replicate:

      * Added feeds from many sources (news, blogs, etc)
      * The above is a side effect of My yahoo, but reading news from this
      feedreader, as opposed to my yahoo, is more efficient, faster,
      cleaner, and EASIER. I rarely have to click down another link into
      the text of the article.
      * All features of feed reader equally available for all items
      * All feeds marked as unread, marked as read when viewed. Read
      content was also shaded so I could always find where I left off.
      * Reader presented almost ALL feed content, rarely forced opening
      the actual site, more efficient and allowed me to
      bypass "uninteresting" content!
      * Ability to select individual entries and move to mail folders in
      a "save for later" flagging (although a flag indicating my interest
      to come back later would be a fair replacement)
      * Ability to forward any feed, as if it were a simple email, right
      out of the email system. And send from ANY of my mail accounts!
      * Share on Facebook, Stumble, Digg where available (blogs)

      This is my primary items, I'm sure others may have stuff I did not
      think of. You just need to think about it be convenience and
      simplicity.. . one open application (Mail), everything in place and
      integrated.. . Which is the appeal of iGoogle with a fully
      functioning (so far) Google Reader, and my mail accounts on other
      tabs. Of course, the mail integration is lacking.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ryan" <ymailblog1@ ...> wrote:

      > Todd,
      >
      > I'm going to provide a list of feedback, regarding why Feeds users
      may
      > not shift to MyYahoo! so please provide any additional
      > requests/suggestion s you have.
      >
      > -Ryan

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic