      From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 3, 2008 6:38:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Latest build

      Trust me, Yahoo! knows what they are doing sending updates to just a few farms first. I can't tell you how many times I have had a build updated the very next day because some significant bugs were in it. Some farm only used by employees is used for alpha testing (Ryan Kennedy mentioned being on that farm when he was our Yahoo! contact on this group), farm 318 is pretty much a beta test farm, farm 308 a little further testing, and then the other farms. (I am not a Yahoo! employee, so there are probably other farms I am not aware of) There are bugs that they will not find out just by testing internally and only full scale use by many "real" users will flush those out.

      Vincent