16224Re: Importing from Yahoo Mail Plus account to new Ymail

  • librarysteve57
    Jul 8, 2008
      When you say "sub-folders," do you mean folders inside of folders? I
      didn't even know you could do that on Yahoo.

      Trueswitch sometimes takes a while to finish up. However, if it's
      been more than 24-36 hours and the stuff in your subfolders didn't
      get transferred, then it's probably not going to happen. Maybe you
      could wait a day or two and try again.

      One alternative is to download the messages from your old Yahoo
      account (using the Plus "archive" feature, or YPOPs) and then import
      the messages into a mail program that has a redirect function
      (Eudora, or Thunderbird with the Redirect extension), then redirect
      the mail to your Ymail account.

      Transferring my calendar was the single biggest headache in switching
      to Ymail. If you do an export/import, all of your repeating events
      end up as separate events (i.e, if you have one bill payment reminder
      set to repeat every month, you end up with hundreds of separate
      reminders). I finally ended up just re-entering everything myself.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <landmarqnet@...> wrote:

      > Yahoo Mail has been my default mail client for a long time now and I
      > was particularly pleased to add a new Ymail account.
      >
      > Only thing is, following using Truesync, inbox messages from my
      Yahoo
      > Mail were imported to my new Ymail account inbox along with my
      > sub-folders - except the sub-folders (over 30 of 'em) are all empty.
      >
      > Can I get these sub-folder messages into their new account
      equivalent
      > folders? What's the easiest way to do this?
      >
      > I use Yahoo Mail Plus and I'd like to gradually go over to the new
      > Ymail account as my main account (changing this to a Plus account)
      > depending on whether I can transfer all my various info, messages,
      etc.

      > I use the Calendar too on a daily basis and know I can export/import
      > all my entries as .CSV to bring that info into the new Ymail
      account.
      > Truesync failed to import my Calendar items even though there is a
      > check-box for this.
      >
      > My Notepad has a number of entries too though I could probably
      > copy/paste those to the new account.
      >
      > Thanks for any advice.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic