      From: too_much green_tea <toomuchgreentea@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:16:27 AM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] How to find the last Date/time and IP-address I had logged-onto yahoo account?

      You can actually ... but it has nothing to do with YMail.

      Not really an original idea ... spammers/companies/ peeps have been doing it for a long time. They attach inline images to emails that point to their own servers (setup to record the date, time and IP of the images fetch, plus any other info they desire from a browser's header), then sort the collected data later and do whatever they please with them.

      That is exactly why blocking inline images from unknown sources is a must-do when using Y-Mail.

      To answer the original poster, you can send a few of those to yourself with attention grabbing subject headings, and then mark them as read without opening them. Be sure to change the options so that the inline images will load when opened.

      Now be patient and wait for someone to take the bait. :)