14846Re: Calendar events issues

  • Bulent
    Jan 3, 2008
      Ciprian, I totally understand and agree with you, such a boring
      problem that you have to deal with: one simple date entry becomes an
      headache that you have to double check etc... Another aspect of the
      very same problem is that, if you have a date (year) like 1960's or
      1970's contact entry is not carried over calendar, however if you
      enter it like 2007 (recent past years) it works.
      I had another strange case as well: at that one, what ever date I
      entered (with or without year, at address book section) yahoo did
      not posted that entry to the calendar, at the end I had to the
      calendar, and created this bithday reminder manually, so weird!
      Imagine people who synchronize their yahoo calendar through other
      applications (Which is my case), how it s going to work??!!!
      Overall the big picture is I am very dissappointed about birthday
      reminder entry, and having this problem I feel very uncomfortable
      using yahoo reminders at all, maybe there are other problems similar
      to this as well with calendar: so far it is an untursted application
      for me :(((

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ciprian Murariu" <ciprianmp@>
      wrote:

      > > Ok, indeed it works if:
      > > 1. delete the year (cut with ctrl+x)
      > > 2. check the little box in the right of the birthday fields
      > > 3. save the contact data
      > > 4. edit the contact again and put the year back.
      > > 5. save again.
      > > I did this for all my 27 remained contacts and it worked fine,
      but
      > > took me a few minutes...
      > > I hope Yahoo guys will fix it somehow soon... because this way
      it's
      > > just too strange.
      > >
      > > I also hope to have a way to check for those contacts whose
      > > birthday/event haven't yet been set as reminders in Calendar.
      > > Sometimes, I add a contact on YahooMessenger, or more, then once
      in a
      > > while I update/add the reminders. The way it works now, I have
      > > check each contact one by one, which would drive anyone nuts.
      > > Thank you again for the hint J!
      > > All the best in 2008!
      > > Ciprian M.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic