12676Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo Mail spam filters having problems?

  • Sasafrass
    Aug 6, 2007
      As I said, people have done this many times before. They don't bother to look on the group home page or ask how to unsubscribe/leave the group. They just respond to ANY post saying something like "don't send anymore emails". And, I did direct Reese to the "edit membership" link, as I have with every such message. They didn't have to explain that they wanted to leave the group or switch to "web only". It's perfectly clear to me..... And, what makes you so sure that they were actually responding to Dave's message? It wasn't related in any way, except for the word "emails". BTW, that was Reese's 1st & so far only post since he/she joined in june. I'll keep my eye on the group activity logs to see if they leave or change their membership.

      Bill wrote:
      What Are You Talking About.......Reese is.....CLEARLY....responding to Dave's message regarding the failure notice he receives when forwarding a message to spam@.........as instructed by support@..........Not A Word Was Said About Not Wanting To Receive Group Mail From This Or Any Other Group

      For Future Reference.....should a member wish to stop receiving  Group Mail....The Correct Response is to direct that member to The Group Homepage....where at the top they will find....."Edit Membership"......upon hitting that link they will then be on the....Edit Membership Page.....where they will find a 3 Step Process to Edit their Membership

      Step 1......Contact Information
      Step 2.....Message Delivery
      Step 3.....Message Preference

      As it suggests....Step 2 controls Message Delivery.....there they will see 4 options:....Individual Mail....Daily Digest....Special Notices....and....Web Only.....which used to read....No Mail....but in fact means the same thing....that would be the option for said member to choose

      Some groups Require receipt of Group Mail as part of their Membership.....but I see no such Requirement for This Group

      Rather than continued defense of your mistaken response I suggest you apologize to Reese and to those who tried to explain Resse's response to you

      I say this as a 5 Year Owner/Moderator of a Yahoo Group

      Bill

      > I've seen this happen many times before. The person wishing to stop
      > receiving group emails will reply to any post with an identical or
      > similar message.
      >
      > Karen Pierce wrote:
      > > Um....I believe that reese cup is answering the post below his
      > > regarding the invalid address for spam@yahoo <mailto:spam@yahoo....
      > > He's telling Dave to stop sending the emails to that address. Yes?
      > >
      > > KP

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic