12592Re: Yahoo Mail Beta Features?

  • Pete
    Aug 1, 2007
      The reason I don't like to use Yahoo Mail Beta to store my files is
      that its a pain...I don't want to email myself every single file I
      have on my computer. I want a nice online interface that has a file
      and folder structure that contains all of my personal files in one
      place. As far as some sort of extension app that would allow me to
      do a multiple drag and drop, that's fine with me. Most of the
      uploading of multiple files will be from your own computer anyway,
      so once that little add-on is installed, it will be there for good.
      Windows Live has come out with something similar to briefcase
      (folders.live.com), and its very user friendly and organized.
      However, Yahoo briefcase could definitely be improved and more
      integrated with Yahoo Mail Beta (sending attachments back and forth)
      with possible drag and drop functionality. Once you are connected
      to the internet and logged into your Yahoo ID, you have your entire
      world at your fingertips (news from My Yahoo Page, pictures in
      Flickr, files from My Briefcase, communication via email and mail
      chat), no matter what computer you are on in the entire world.
      Thats the vision anyway....maybe I demand too much.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "toomuchgreentea"
      <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:
      > Like Sasafrass said, we don't know.
      > I think the briefcase issue has been discussed before, but I'm
      > at lost: why would you want briefcase when you can store and search
      > attachments directly in Yahoo Mail?
      > I don't think web apps can access the local file system through
      > drag-drop without explicit permission, so if that is to be
      > implemented, it will likely require installation of an
      > extension/add-on (like what they did with the soon-to-be-gone
      > Photos beta).
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We honestly don't know, except that the calendar will eventually
      > > updated for the beta interface.
      > >
      > > Pete wrote:
      > > > Just wondering what kind of features we can expect in the
      > > > months/years....
      > > >
      > > > -drag and drop (*multiple*) attachments?
      > > > -sending picture attachments directly from flikr (flikr
      > > > -improved and integrated yahoo briefcase (i.e. send incoming or
      > outgoing
      > > > attachments directly to briefcase) with more storage, drag drop
      > > > features, etc?
      > > > -msn integration with yahoo mail chat?
      > > > -improved calendar (compatible with outlook, thunderbird,
      > > > gmail, aol, etc.)?
      > > >
      > > > what other features are going to be available?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic