12580Re: Yahoo Mail Beta Features?

  • James
    Aug 1, 2007
      The advantage I see to it is you can rename files in your briefcase,
      but not attachments in mail. You can give the message a title, and
      even use the body for tags, but you can't change these settings.
      Actually, you probably could use drafts to make this editable. Then
      there's the question: should you always do 1 file per message? I
      think that's probably the best option. What about message size
      limits, that's a 10MB file limit on what you can store. That's fine
      for most documents, but there could be times you want to store more.

      An advantage is that Y!MB does have unlimited storage. However, even
      Yahoo!'s Help site admits it isn't that simple. Still, I doubt your
      average user who just uses Y!MB as a replacement for briefcase would
      have any trouble.

      "The purpose of unlimited storage isn't to provide an online storage
      warehouse. Usage that suggests this approach gets flagged by Yahoo!
      Mail's anti-abuse controls."

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com,
      "toomuchgreentea" <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:
      > Like Sasafrass said, we don't know.
      > I think the briefcase issue has been discussed before, but I'm still
      > at lost: why would you want briefcase when you can store and search
      > attachments directly in Yahoo Mail?
      > I don't think web apps can access the local file system through
      > drag-drop without explicit permission, so if that is to be
      > implemented, it will likely require installation of an
      > extension/add-on (like what they did with the soon-to-be-gone Yahoo!
      > Photos beta).
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We honestly don't know, except that the calendar will eventually
      > > updated for the beta interface.
      > >
      > > Pete wrote:
      > > > Just wondering what kind of features we can expect in the coming
      > > > months/years....
      > > >
      > > > -drag and drop (*multiple*) attachments?
      > > > -sending picture attachments directly from flikr (flikr
      > > > -improved and integrated yahoo briefcase (i.e. send incoming or
      > outgoing
      > > > attachments directly to briefcase) with more storage, drag drop
      > > > features, etc?
      > > > -msn integration with yahoo mail chat?
      > > > -improved calendar (compatible with outlook, thunderbird,
      > > > gmail, aol, etc.)?
      > > >
      > > > what other features are going to be available?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic