      From: Lloyd Haskins <lmhaskins@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 8:52:43 AM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: who gets invited?

      For those that didn't get an invite, I don't think that you're missing much. If you're running Firefox, you can already do the formatted/HTML composing anyway (see General Options). Otherwise it's the drag-and-drop interface that's new, and I don't think there's any other new functionality besides the RSS feeds. Firefox users lost the spell check ability. There's still the flat (non-hierarchical) folder structure, and that may be an IMAP limitation. Things are slow and the screen flashes a lot. On my reply I tried to select the previous message context to delete it, and neither Edit > Delete nor my Delete key would get rid of it (I had to do it piecemeal). I am seriously considering reverting to go back to the normal interface, but I'm being a good beta tester by giving feedback with the Send Feedback function, and it's not that much of hassle (except once when it went crazy with constant screen refreshes -- I had to not use it for a few hours). The only other thing you'll get is bragging rights, which was prime in the early Gmail days.

      Did I miss anything?

      Tips and tricks Communication and networking Guillaume Beta Promote Apply for
      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.