Set up help

  • lcdevos
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
      I started the setup and everything was fine until I got to step 8,
      setting the Vref.
      Turning the potentiometer does nothing to change the voltage.
      I only ever get 0.54 volts from any of the test points no matter where it is set. I used the dedicated ground cable for grounding myself as the ground source.

      The voltage from the power supply is set at 24.1

      I have taken special care in handling the board from grounding myself to standing on an anti-static mat. The board remained in the packaging until I was ready to mount it. I used a four brass mounts and screws with plastic washers between each from some old computers i had laying around to mount the board to the piece of plastic.

      Please advise me on what to do next.
    • xylotex
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
        Hi,
        Make sure the BLACK lead of the meter is on the GND connection on the right hand side of the drive board. Then use the RED lead to test the probe point.

        Also check to make sure you are getting +5V on the Vcc terminal, and the RED LED is on. Check to make sure you have 24V to the drive board.

        It is better to actually put the black probe in the screw terminals slot rather than probe the screw top itself. The screw top may not be especially condcutive and will give false readings.

        Jeff