Touring the sub-basement

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
      ((Well since I am presuming that Kevin MacKenzie is not coming back, I'm going to write as though he didn't come into this. We can back write him in if it becomes a necessity.))

      Jonathon gazes out of the door, listening hard for the sounds of breathing. No answer came, leaving Jonathon thinking that he had imagined it all, just as Wolverine had. **One thing doesn't add up though. I know I saw a person for a moment, but Logan could be right and it's someone else trying to prank him,**  the raven-haired mutant muses as he closes the front doors and turns back to Wesley. Sorry to have ignored your question earlier. The infirmary... well most schools have a nurse's office. We just have one a little more well-equiped. That's all. An almost guilty feeling for understating the truth washes over him, encouraging a less evasive answer. Well, it IS better equiped than most school nurses offices, but there's a reason for that. You'll understand in a few minutes.

      Coming to a halt beside a decorative curved panel, Jonathon knocks lightly against one edge. Before Wesley can ask what he's doing, the panel slides open to reveal an elevator that doesn't seem to fit the architecture. "What is this doing here?" Well, it's either a broom closet doing a very good job of masquerading as a secret elevator, or it actually IS a secret elevator.

      The shorter student scowls up at the raven haired student. "I know WHAT it is.  So this is to take us to the lower level?" Actually, levels. There's more than just one. But you'll see what I mean. The door closes and a faint sensation of dropping is the only hint of travelling downwards. A few moments later, the doors re-open and reveal a corridor of polished gleaming metal. The doors were round with an X symbol engraved on them with small labels defining what lay behind them. A couple of the doors have a small security panel beside them.

      "My mom's friend never mentioned ANYTHING like this. I'm mean, this place  is...  just wow." Jonathon's steps echo a little as they walk along the hallway, and then turn into one arched doorway. I think you ought to meet one of your new classmates... well actually I'll be in your classes as well.

      The doors open and the raven-haired youth nearly runs into Amber as she was exitting the infirmary.

    • lordofarken
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        Wesley followed alongside Jonathon, turning every couple of seconds
        just to look around at everything. It was... beyond anything he'd
        expected. Did all schools work like this? He thought it'd be
        something semi-normal, but his conversations with Hiro about
        what 'normal' school was like hadn't prepared him for this at all.
        The furred mutant stopped suddenly as a new scent drifted to him...
        almost human but not quite... equine maybe? His ears picked up a
        little as he took in this new scent, and dashed a little ahead of
        where Jonathon was (far to slowly) walking along.

        And immediately almost ran into long haried girl coming around the
        corner. Wesley tried to stop immediately, but momentum carried him
        forward, leading him to tumble pass the girl and land awkwardly on
        the ground. Shaking his head quickly, he righted himself, turning
        back towards the girl. He smelled again, deeply, trying to identify
        her scent. She was definitely part animal, but... he walked aroudn
        her, still silent, examinging her... she didn't have any physical
        manifestations of her power. For a moment his ears drooped and he
        appeared incredibly depressed... for a moment he thought he'd found
        someone like him. Shrugging, he shook his head and righted himself.
        Better make first introductions now. Extending his hand somewhat
        rigidly, he grinned wide, his head tilted slightly to the side,
        before exclaiming "Hi!"