96Re: [XavierSchool] Re: Continuing The Tour

  • Willow
    Jan 10, 2007
      "You don't know about the friends of humanity?" Miki asked. She had thought that they were everywhere. They were certainly a common enough sight in her home town. There were constantly rumors of their attacks on mutants, but she had always chosen to discount them as exaggerated. But now she realized that they were probably worse than what rumor had made them seem. Where before the mutants were those to be feared and avoided, now the so-called Friends of Humanity were the fearsome enemies.

      lordofarken <lordofarken@...> wrote:
      --- In XavierSchool@ yahoogroups. com, "Brian" <briainhuntere@ ...>
      > ((Sorry about the long delay. Just after I settled into that job,
      > life became a hell of massive proportions. Things are starting to
      > back around, though))
      > Jonathon saw the brief but certain shudder that Miki gave as he
      > mentioned the greenhouses. Having heard Ryan's talk about what
      > to her make a visit to there unlikely for some time. Thinking
      where he
      > was going to go at first, the raven-haired mutant tries to stumble
      out a
      > better answer. Well, I guess the next stop is the Potential
      > Complex. Most of us here call it the Danger Room.
      > "Danger Room?" Miki's voice perked up, a little quavering.
      > It's a place where we can explore our abilities in a controlled
      > setting. It's also used for self-defense training, which is partly
      > it gets that name. Tell you what, I'll show you what it can do.
      > reassured them about the room, leaving out it's use for combat
      > simulations. Putting them both in the control room that looked
      down over
      > the gymnasium-like space, Jonathon went down to the main doors and
      > entered the room as a city street materializes. Jon's voice echoes
      up to
      > the pair in the control room. This place uses holographs and force
      > projectors to simulate real things.
      > As he is walking down the 'street' ,a group people with armbands
      > Friends of Humanity come down off of a porch to apply a gang-
      > The young mutant starts looking to see if there is any way to get
      > from them. With escape cut off, Jonathon tries to avoid the
      > This works for a few minutes until the FoH surrounds him. A brief
      > of high pitched sound drops the marauding thugs. The raven haired
      > nods up at the control room and fades from completely visible to a
      > outline. The outline walks away from the writhing group and
      > about 10 yards way. The FoH slowly get up after I have left the
      area and
      > then the scene fades and I walk back up to the control room. See
      > they place works? Any other questions about this place or shall we
      > onwards?

      "Waitwaitwaitwaitwa it." Wesley shoots off the line in a hurried
      frenzied, looking around. "Who were those guys, and why were they
      attacking that person? Are they just street thugs?" He looks from
      person to person, his eyes wide and uncomprehending. His parents had
      mentioned that mutants weren't very well liked, and thats why the
      school was secret, but they had never mentioned being beat up! "This
      Potential Development watchamacallit. .. is it to teach us how to [i]

      ~Ná Elbereth veria le, ná elenath dín síla erin rád o chuil lín~
      May Elbereth protect you, may her stars shine on the path of your life.

      Do You Yahoo!?