Prime stupidity

  • Troy Guffey
      • Danielle Ducrest
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
          I don't know. Do you have examples in canon of when a First Prime *didn't* go on a mission? I know that Apophis, for example, had a large army, but he always accompanied that army in any battle, and his First Prime was always with him.

          See original beaded jewelry with sewing bobbins at danielleducrest1.angelfire.com
          --
          Parapsychology has no word for the uneasy feeling you have when you're in the presence of yourself - although strictly speaking humans feel it all the time.
          --Soul Music by Terry Pratchett
          • Brad Coleman
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2010
              Look at it this way, The Goul'd in charge blames him for every error his forces make and then tortures him. I know I would take every chance to be out of the presence of someone who acted like that.

              He also likely leads every mission that is taking place in a star system where the Goul'd he is working for is currently located. Just to make sure that nothing goes wrong within his masters sight. Or if something does go wrong, he stands a good chance of being able to fix it or dying for his "God".

              Regards Brad

              To: xandergate@yahoogroups.com; cross-gate@yahoogroups.com; hp_sg@yahoogroups.com
              From: troyguffey@...
              Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 23:27:35 -0500
              Subject: [Xandergate] Prime stupidity

            • solunvar
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2010
                Ah, I think you're mistaken. There can only ever be one active First Prime (Teal'c to Apophis) though there is an apprentice system in place, like Bra'tac who retired from that aspect. As anyone who had an important position for a long time, you'll still have the respect of others and will be on call - for council and as a reserve First Prime.

                Remember that First Primes are the only ones whose marks are gold and not just a tattoo. Of the Jaffa who appear in the ninth season, I don't remember seeing any with golden marks except for Teal'c and Bra'tac.

                Doubtlessly there's more to Jaffa hierarchy than that. Who's in command of a Ha'tak will no doubt be trusted more than the bloke guarding the rings. But that's not something I remember being talked about on screen.

              • B.E.M.
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2010
                  PLOT BUNNY!