Redbutton

  • sunago
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      I just joined this site recently and don't know if anyone here uses Fanfiction.net but I thought that the more people that know whats going on the better. At one of my other yahoo groups someone brought up something about Redbutton. Apparently someone called 'Lord Kelvin' created a program that searches through summaries for key words or patterns and comes up with a list of stories that violates FF.nets ToS (Terms of Service). Lord Kelvin and members of a group called Literate Union, then report the stories until they are removed from the site.

      Heres a website where I got most of my info once I found out about this:

      http://civilinitiative.blogspot.com/2010/08/redbotton-issue-and-what-it-means-fo\
      r.html
    • Chris P
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        Your link was truncated. Better one:

        RedButton issue
        --

        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:11 AM, sunago <sunago@...> wrote:
        I just joined this site recently and don't know if anyone here uses Fanfiction.net but I thought that the more people that know whats going on the better.  At one of my other yahoo groups someone brought up something about Redbutton. Apparently someone called 'Lord Kelvin' created a program that searches through summaries for key words or patterns and comes up with a list of stories that violates FF.nets ToS (Terms of Service). Lord Kelvin and members of a group called Literate Union, then report the stories until they are removed from the site.

        Heres a website where I got most of my info once I found out about this:

        http://civilinitiative.blogspot.com/2010/08/redbotton-issue-and-what-it-means-fo\
        r.html

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional