OT: Beta Needed

  • heatherhaverstick
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      Must have knowledge of Buffy, Stargate SG-1, Supernatural, and Blade.
      Would also appreciate knowledge of Brit-speak as Giles will feature
      heavily in the story.

      I will need to know how to get my chapters to you, and from you to me.
      I will be typing it in Wordpad and posting to Twisting the Hellmouth at
      least.

      I'm sorry if this type of post isn't allowed, but I didn't know. If it
      isn't, please let me know.

      Heather
    • Danielle Ducrest
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
        I think this sort of post is allowed as long as you remember to put OT
        in the title, which you did, and if the story features Xander as the
        subject or as one of the main characters. The mods would know better
        than me, of course.

        Americanisms (assuming you're American) tend to be a pet peeve of many
        British readers of Doctor Who fics. There's a list of Britishisms that
        you can view at http://dark-aegis.livejournal.com/116631.html#cutid1 .
        It is compiled by Doctor Who fanfic writers, so some of the examples
        use characters from that show, but it offers lots of helpful hints.

        Danielle

        --
        "Am I mad, or is he going to eat us?"

        "No, he's definitely going to eat us." He gave her a lopsided grin.
        "Your madness is contingent upon other factors."
        --"Breeding" by rosa_acicularis (Doctor Who)