X3 Spindle Lock

  • jonathonsbass
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2007
      I'm building a power draw bar the X3 right now but need to impliment
      some sort of Spindle Lock. Does any one have any ideas, or has done
      this before? Pictures would be great!

      Thanks,
      Jonathon
    • Jeff Conner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
        Jonathon,
        I made a simple spindle lock for my X3. I drilled the top cast iron gear cover on the front side adjacent to the spindle drive gear. I made about a 0.5" dia. brass pin with a small mushroom head.  I Vee'd the end of the pin to closely match the gear pitch. A simple C clip on the inside and a spring on the outside keeps the pin retracted. Just press it into the gear and the spindle is locked securely. Let go and it automatically retracts. Simple and has worked flawlessly. Saves a lot of time.
        Jeff