X1 Mills

  • john644093
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17 7:00 AM
      Does anyone know of a source for metal gears for the little X1 mill?
      I keep breaking the plastic ones.

      Another alternative would be a belt drive conversion. Anyone make one
      or have plans?

      Thanks, John C
    • John Guenther
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18 4:45 AM
        Hi John,

        I make a belt drive conversion for the X1, check out www.tj-cnc.com for
        pictures and pricing.

        John D. Guenther
        'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
        Sterling, Virginia

        Does anyone know of a source for metal gears for the little X1 mill?
        I keep breaking the plastic ones.

        Another alternative would be a belt drive conversion. Anyone make one
        or have plans?

        Thanks, John C

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • pacnwfoto
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18 9:29 AM
          > ... belt drive conversion for the X1,
          > check out www.tj-cnc.com

          Where do you relocate the electronics?
        • John Guenther
          Message 4 of 4 , May 19 4:07 AM
            You will need to extend the 3 wire cable to the motor, most people mount the
            electronics in a project box from Radio Shack or some other suitable
            enclosure. You can leave them in the red box, cover up the holes in the top
            of the box and set some where convenient.

            John D. Guenther
            'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
            Sterling, Virginia