Re: Removing X3 Spindle

  • dave22fair
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29 3:37 PM
      Problem solved. Once the quill handle had been pulled out of the headstock, as I'd already loosened the front locking handle and the adjacent screw, I was able to persuade the spindle to come down onto a piece of wood I placed on the base. The odd thing is, when I was able to look into the spindle hole in the headstock and push the stuck screw from behind, it was not as shown in the exploded view, of an outer screw in an inner screw, all it was was a plain unthreaded barrel with a screw slot at the outer end and a protruding pin at the inner end. This pin is eccentric and engages in the vertical slot running down the spindle, so turning the screw pushes the spindle slightly towards the locking mechanism. This must be a 'design improvement' on the threaded screws!