RE: [X_Series_Mills] Re: Long table mill questions

  • Chris Wood
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 8 5:19 PM

      Recent news from SIEG. They are back in the X3L long table business. We have a few arriving on the next couple shipments.

      http://lmscnc.com/3845

      Click Notify Me on that page and we will email you when they arrive.

      Regards,

      Chris Wood
      LittleMachineShop.com

      The premier source of tooling, parts, and accessories for bench top machinists.
      396 W. Washington Blvd. #500, Pasadena, CA 91103
      (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)797-7934

        Exchanged a couple emails with Chris from LMS. He said the SX3L is discontinued. He said SIEG was having trouble getting the long tables to stay flat. He also said they will have an X4 available, but I'm unsure of the specs. This could be an option for me as I believe it's X travel is nearly 18".

        One question that comes to mind is whether I should pick up an SX3L before they are gone, figuring the tables are hopefully flat and will hopefully stay that way. But I suspect cast iron settles over time (and could go out of flat) and I'm not sure how to true up a table if it warps. Thoughts?

        Adam

        --- In X_Series_Mills@yahoogroups.com, "Pat O'Banion" <pat.obanion@...> wrote:

        > Try this one...
        >
        > https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16279&cat=308&page=1
        >
        > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:14 AM, adamlinus <adam.cherubini@...>wrote:
        >
        > > Is there an SX3 with a longer X available? Is there a mod to increase the
        > > X travel? I really need something close to 18" of travel. Even the SX4 is
        > > marginal. The standard RF45 is not appreciably longer tho I have seen
        > > clones on ebay that state they have 20" x travels. I'd prefer an X3 or X4.
        > > I just need a longer X. I'm not convinced I need more Y, tho I haven't
        > > gotten into dividing heads yet (on my X2).
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance guys,
        > >
        > > Adam

      • Chris Wood
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 19 8:54 AM

          The X2 gas spring kit is in stock:

          http://lmscnc.com/2258

          The SX2 gas spring kit is about 3 weeks out.

          Regards,

          Chris Wood
          LittleMachineShop.com

          The premier source of tooling, parts, and accessories for bench top machinists.
          396 W. Washington Blvd. #500, Pasadena, CA 91103
          (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)797-7934

          Exchanged a couple emails with Chris from LMS. He said the SX3L is discontinued. He said SIEG was having trouble getting the long tables to stay flat. He also said they will have an X4 available, but I'm unsure of the specs. This could be an option for me as I believe it's X travel is nearly 18".

          One question that comes to mind is whether I should pick up an SX3L before they are gone, figuring the tables are hopefully flat and will hopefully stay that way. But I suspect cast iron settles over time (and could go out of flat) and I'm not sure how to true up a table if it warps. Thoughts?

          Adam

          --- In X_Series_Mills@yahoogroups.com, "Pat O'Banion" <pat.obanion@...> wrote:

          > Try this one...
          >
          > https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16279&cat=308&page=1
          >
          > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:14 AM, adamlinus <adam.cherubini@...>wrote:
          >
          > > Is there an SX3 with a longer X available? Is there a mod to increase the
          > > X travel? I really need something close to 18" of travel. Even the SX4 is
          > > marginal. The standard RF45 is not appreciably longer tho I have seen
          > > clones on ebay that state they have 20" x travels. I'd prefer an X3 or X4.
          > > I just need a longer X. I'm not convinced I need more Y, tho I haven't
          > > gotten into dividing heads yet (on my X2).
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance guys,
          > >
          > > Adam

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 20, 2011
            On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Chris Wood <chrisw@...> wrote:

            The X2 gas spring kit is in stock:

            http://lmscnc.com/2258

            The SX2 gas spring kit is about 3 weeks out.

            Regards,

            Chris Wood
            LittleMachineShop.com

            The premier source of tooling, parts, and accessories for bench top machinists.
            396 W. Washington Blvd. #500, Pasadena, CA 91103
            (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)797-7934

            Any update on the SX2 Gas spring?  Word on the Dream Cutter?