Re: [X_Series_Mills]

  • Trevor Whatmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Thanks very much for all the info Chris.  I certainly was not made aware of the various options.  Regarding access I am not sure about removing the sheet metal cover. It has all the power leads, both in and out, through it and the switches are mounted on it.  As you say partial access to lower half of the vertical screw can be obtained by removing the lower back plate but the upper plate only exposes the electrical components.  I do use mine also for drilling.
      I bought my X3 15 months ago and early on a tight spot developed in the spindle and I had to remove it from the machine and take to the UK agent to get it stripped down and fitted with new bearings.

      Trevor