X3 commissioning procedure

  • tornitore45
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2006
      Is there a description of the disassembly, clean up, true up and must
      do mods like the abundant literature regarding the lathes such as the
      9x20.

      Mauro
    • cba_melbourne
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2006
        > Is there a description of the disassembly, clean up, true up and must
        > do mods like the abundant literature regarding the lathes such as the
        > 9x20.

        Mauro, the X3 will work out of the box. It is better finished than the
        lathe you refer to, and will not automatically self destruct. It will
        of course benefit from a total disassembly, clean and fine tune. But
        there is not too much harm in using it right away and do the
        cleaning/tuning in say half a year or later. There are no "must do
        first or else suffer" mods for the X3, just start using it and enjoy.
        Chris
      • tornitore45
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2006
          > Mauro, the X3 will work out of the box. It is better finished than
          the
          > lathe you refer to, and will not automatically self destruct. It
          will
          > of course benefit from a total disassembly, clean and fine tune. But
          > there is not too much harm in using it right away and do the
          > cleaning/tuning in say half a year or later. There are no "must do
          > first or else suffer" mods for the X3, just start using it and
          enjoy.
          > Chris

          That is good news! I am making room fot it ... Christmas gift to wife.
          Should be a good complement to the G4000.
          I have to say that a total disassembly of the G4000 gave me a good
          education on how each part works and relate. When something does not
          feel or sound right you know where to look.
          Mauro