Re: [X_Series_Mills] Re: Where to find a pulley for this motor?

  • Keith Spaniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      Thanks Ned, Nice web site you got. Keith

      On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 4:05 AM, nedtron <ned@...> wrote:

      Greetings Keith,

      McMaster-Carr has V-belt pulleys in diameters from 1" to 18 3/4":

      http://www.mcmaster.com

      Search the McMaster website for pulleys.

      The threads may be cut into the pulley hub using a lathe or use the typical key / keyway / set screw mount pulley or use a compression bushing mount pulley.

      Ned

      http://www.home-machine-shop.com

      --- In X_Series_Mills@yahoogroups.com, "keithspaniel" <keithspaniel@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I want to put a dc motor on my drill press. I cant seem to locate a v pulley for this size shaft it measures 6.67" dia. and has reverse threads on the end. the shaft is about 1 1/4" long
      > I'm not even sure how i will get the pulley to stay on. Do you think I would need to mill a flat spot on the shaft for the pulley to put a set screw in? or drill a small hole for a set screw?
      >
      > Maybe get a smaller I.D. pulley and drill it out to fit the shaft?
      >
      > Thanks,Keith

    • wildcherrywood
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        There's JK Pulley located in St. Louis, MO. They also distribute pulleys from Maurey.

        http://www.jkpulley.com/
        http://www.maurey.com/

        Chris

        --- In X_Series_Mills@yahoogroups.com, "keithspaniel" <keithspaniel@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I want to put a dc motor on my drill press. I cant seem to locate a v pulley for this size shaft it measures 6.67" dia. and has reverse threads on the end. the shaft is about 1 1/4" long
        > I'm not even sure how i will get the pulley to stay on. Do you think I would need to mill a flat spot on the shaft for the pulley to put a set screw in? or drill a small hole for a set screw?
        >
        > Maybe get a smaller I.D. pulley and drill it out to fit the shaft?
        >
        > Thanks,Keith

      • Keith Spaniel
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
          Good link ,Thanks Keith