About to purchase a Grizzly G0463 (a Sieg X3 in disguise)

  • cadsym
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
      After much communication with Grizzly, I have given up trying to get
      them to confirm that their G0463 is in fact a Sieg X3 in disguise. I
      wanted to buy from Bob at Lathemaster, but unfortunately he no longer
      carries the Sieg. From what I have read on various forums, I am now
      happy that the G0463 is in fact an X3.
      Over the years, I have accumulated much MT3 tooling, such as Autolock
      Collets and boring heads. My question to the group is: If I buy an
      R8/MT3 adapter, will the drawbar that connects with the MT3 arbor on
      the boring head and the Autolock collet holder, pass through the R8/MT3
      adapter? Apart from a clamping set (what size T-nuts?), what else would
      you recommend that I buy to maximise the capabilities of the machine. I
      already have a milling vise.
      My interest is in machining iron castings, steel, brass and bronze,
      used in the production of Stuart Turner steam engines.

      Pete

      Picton, Canada
    • Tom Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
        My G0463 crate had a big cardboard Grizzly sticker stapled to its side.  I pulled it off and sure enough, there was the standard white Seig X3 sticker pasted to the side of the crate.  Don't worry.  Grizzly is reluctant to disclose such info, but they've been EXCELLENT to deal with so far.

        Buy the small clamping set from Little Machine Shop - and their R8 collet set fits my X3 with no problems (so far).

        Tom

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
          pete,

          i think the grizzly g0463 is out of stock, did grizzly give you an
          estimated delivery time?

          djs
        • cadsym
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
            --- In X_Series_Mills@yahoogroups.com, "dszakew" <dszakew@...> wrote:

            > pete,
            >
            > i think the grizzly g0463 is out of stock, did grizzly give you an
            > estimated delivery time?
            >
            > djs

            They quoted me 4 to 6 weeks.

            Pete