Re: (unknown)

  • indexfourteen
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
      I love X-Men Evolution! I love the original cartoon series as well.
      Since they've started airing it on Fox Family on Sat. mornings, I've
      been able to tape several episodes.

      It sucks that they stopped making the Evolution series though. :(

      ~Sarah

      --- In X_MEN_FILMS@yahoogroups.com, James Howelett <wolfpatchx@y...>
      wrote:
      > Does anyone watch X-Men Evolution The Animated series,
      > I've got some episodes I could share with some X-fans

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mr anthony isbill
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8, 2005
        NONONONONONONO! That's the LAST thing they need!  Singer wasn't a fan of the X-Men when he started the project. He was the first to say that. IN fact he hadn't known anything ABOUT the marvel universe's X-MEN when he decided to helm the project for Fox. The more he learned about them the more he liked them, but he didn't let it sway "his vision" for the project. I think Singer's vision of the X-MEN was fantastic as far as the sci-fi cinematic genre is concerned. SO they need to find a director who will expand upon Mr. Singer's idea of the mutants in question. A director that has respect for Singer's direction and will keep the movies along the same "vision" that Singer worked so hard on. The seamless quality from movie to movie is what they need. Of course that's only my opinion.

        Cheers,

        ~TheAJ!~

        Cassie Harmon <dolfenblueys@...> wrote:
        I think that X-Men 3 would be fine without Halle Berry, if she wants to turn her back on the movie because she has a little more fame about her now fine (although I do have to say that neither Hugh Jackman nor Patrick Stewart nor Ian Mckellan did) but I'm kinda of iffy about the Singer thang he did such a great job with the other two. If they want to get another director they need to get one that loves X-men so that they don't come in and fudge it up.

        ~Cassie~

         Cassie

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 20, 2005
          I agree with you, but and I do mean BUT,
          how would they do it? There are so many conflicts
          in the story of Phoenix alone...Conflicting stories such as
          Phoenix and Jean are the same person. Well, in some x-men stories
          The phoenix is an extension of Jean's powers and in others
          Jean and Phoenix are seperate entities. In the animated
          stories Jean was possessed by Phoenix and the
          seperation anxiety of the Phoenix leaving her body
          does KILL her... SHE is DEAD. Or is she?...They take the
          life force (a small bit) from each of the x-men present and bring her back
          to life. Then Jean is just Jean.
          I love the x-men but the conflicting story lines might prevent a site like
          you are talking
          about from being possible. Though I wish they would.
          Your idea about the ones in the movies would be a kewl idea.

        • The E-Man
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 20, 2005
            You can look up most MARVEL character bios at
            www.marveldirectory.com or www.wikipedia.com But what
            you read at these locations may not necessarily be the
            direction in which they represent the character in the
            movies. ( As anyone with any knowledge of the MANY
            different representations of the the MARVEL COMICS
            X-MEN from Original X-Men of the 60's - reissues and
            the NEW X-Men in the 70's - Asst. animated and cartoon
            - T.V. Shows and now the Movies.) There are so many
            different story lines that use the same characters, so
            many different universes. Of course It seems that they
            have at times combined story lines and characters for
            the Movies. I've found it comforting that they have
            strayed from creating a New character just for the
            movies. I have heard the rumors that they were
            planning something like that , but with all the great
            mutants to choice from I'm sure if this is done they
            will no doubt combine some characters from the afore
            mentioned X-properties to create this Exclusive to the
            movies mutant.
          • mizyi hashmen
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 20, 2005
              Hi,

              yeah, thanks for that. i just was hoping to get the
              riginal sort of drift, like with Spiderman. i have
              read up on the different villians and there background
              stories and it got me thinking about the x-men.

              thanks for directing me in the right direction. but, i
              still think it would be really cool to see a list of
              the x-men in the movies and some bios on them.

              once again, thanks.

              --- The E-Man <evolutionradio@...> wrote:

              > You can look up most MARVEL character bios at
              > www.marveldirectory.com or www.wikipedia.com But
              > what
              > you read at these locations may not necessarily be
              > the
              > direction in which they represent the character in
              > the
              > movies. ( As anyone with any knowledge of the MANY
              > different representations of the the MARVEL COMICS
              > X-MEN from Original X-Men of the 60's - reissues
              > and
              > the NEW X-Men in the 70's - Asst. animated and
              > cartoon
              > - T.V. Shows and now the Movies.) There are so many
              > different story lines that use the same characters,
              > so
              > many different universes. Of course It seems that
              > they
              > have at times combined story lines and characters
              > for
              > the Movies. I've found it comforting that they have
              > strayed from creating a New character just for the
              > movies. I have heard the rumors that they were
              > planning something like that , but with all the
              > great
              > mutants to choice from I'm sure if this is done they
              > will no doubt combine some characters from the afore
              > mentioned X-properties to create this Exclusive to
              > the
              > movies mutant.

              http://farechase.yahoo.com
            • william sloan
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 20, 2005
                That brings to mind my relating what I thought the title should be for this movie 'Phoenix Rising'
                In the way they ended two it would make sense there would be a big role for her,and fom reading here and there about how they are making this movie and seeing how some of the scripts read that are out it looks like Phoenix just rises from (death?) when she is confronted by both sides meaning the brothrehood and the x-men.

              • James Howelett

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 21, 2005
                    But Phoenix is a part of theis film not the main thing. There is lots of more going on. The sentinels are coming, more new characters are, Magneto on a release, things will get out of hand with this. Even the humans will create problems. So there's lots of mixture to this X3

                    James Howelett