Re: [X_MEN_FILMS] CROSSOVER JLA XMEN

  • Angela Mahoney
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
      bogieman_05 wrote:

      > Survey Post: If ever there will be a crossover between Justice
      > League ( as seen on TV ) and X-men movie, who you'll think will win.
      > don't be bias coz you love the X-men (lIke Me :) )

      Well, that depends on who's IN the Justice League; I haven't seen it...
      I think any team including Superman would have a serious advantage
      though,
      unless the X-Men go to Smallville and dig up some kryptonite...

      Zarell
    • Tanya Rinehart
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
        with the amount of kryptonite they have in Smallville they might as well start exporting it...
        > Survey Post:  If ever there will be a crossover between Justice
        > League ( as seen on TV ) and X-men movie, who you'll think will win.
        > don't be bias coz you love the X-men (lIke Me :) )

        Well, that depends on who's IN the Justice League; I haven't seen it...
        I think any team including Superman would have a serious advantage
        though,
        unless the X-Men go to Smallville and dig up some kryptonite...

        Zarell
      • Super Girl
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
          I love X-men and Justice League but I say JLA would coz... they're cartoons!

          Seriously... hero teams usually (I mean always) wind up working together.
          Survey Post: If ever there will be a crossover between Justice
          League ( as seen on TV ) and X-men movie, who you'll think will win.
          don't be bias coz you love the X-men (lIke Me :) )

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Spaceballs: The Signature

          BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80

        • Super Girl
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004

            Super Girl <yoda_can_kick_your_ass@...> wrote:
            I love X-men and Justice League but I say JLA would win
            :) coz... they're cartoons!

            Seriously... hero teams usually (I mean always) wind up working together.
            Survey Post: If ever there will be a crossover between Justice
            League ( as seen on TV ) and X-men movie, who you'll think will win.
            don't be bias coz you love the X-men (lIke Me :) )

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Spaceballs: The Signature

            BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Spaceballs: The Signature

            BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80
          • demonhuntergirl2003
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
              If you remember awhile ago D.C and Marvel had crossovers.
            • Angela Mahoney
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
                Super Girl wrote:

                > Seriously... hero teams usually (I mean always) wind up working
                > together.

                Not necessarily... especially if one is government-sponsored (although I
                don't
                know if JLA is, but their name suggests it) and one isn't... the X-Men
                have been labelled as terrorists before, in the comics...

                Zarell
              • Jess
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004

                  What I've always wondered is how Superman and Batman can work together since Batman is a vigilante and Superman works w/ the city officials (doesn't he?)

                  *** Because What We Do COULD Happen in the movies.***

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • LadyMichelina 'Lina'
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                    Batman eventually does work with officials, i.e. the bat signal in the sky,
                    his direct line to officials.

                    Lina ;)

                    Be a Jackman-iac!

                    What I've always wondered is how Superman and Batman can work together since
                    Batman is a vigilante and Superman works w/ the city officials (doesn't he?)

                    *** Because What We Do COULD Happen in the movies.***

                  • Bob Mayberry
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
                      The Batman/Superman relationship began back during the 1940s radio show. In
                      an episode, Superman saves a boy...who he recognizes as Robin (from what
                      he's heard of Robin's description). The two then mainly worked together in
                      the comic book series "World's Finest". Essentially, the pre-Robin era
                      Batman probably would've been considered to be just as bad as the villains
                      he faced. After Robin's intro, and the creation of the Comics Code, both
                      characters were basically the only ones to survive into the Silver Age, and
                      became paired together time after time as camp took over their comic
                      content. To a Marvel fan, it might seem odd since it occurred much before
                      the second wave of Marvels, and the Marvels never went through what DC's
                      characters had to during the 1950s. In recent years though, DC has began to
                      explore the personality conflicts between the two heroes-like the 1980s
                      graphic novel, "The Dark Knight Returns" which was (if I remember correctly)
                      basically Batman VS. Superman. Which, at one point, DC was planning an
                      actual "Batman VS. Superman" film. Sure, their pairing seems as unlikely as
                      Wolverine with Captain America, but even that had happened at one point and
                      time. Will Wolverine ever become an Avenger? Probably not, but JLA is more
                      like a "let's get all of our good characters...and a few extra...and make
                      them a group instead of creating an original group" (like the best
                      1940s-1950s characters-Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash,
                      Hawkman, and so on...)concept. JLA is the best of the best, while the
                      Avengers are more like a few main characters-but most don't have their own
                      title (Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor make up the multi-title
                      characters-while the others were either members of other teams or
                      exclusively Avengers) , X-Men was all original characters (the original
                      X-Men were, some "Second Genesis" characters were ex-villains or had at
                      least one prior appearance), and so was the Fantastic Four. Marvel never
                      made an "ultimate team" consisting of Spider Man, Daredevil, Punisher,
                      Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, The Thing, Iron Man, and others within the
                      Marvel Universe...so it's kinda tough to compare any Marvel group with JLA.

                      Sincerely,
                      Exchronos

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                        The JLA have never been government sponsored...well, for a while they
                        were sponsored by the UN, but that is the most sponsorship they have
                        ever gotten. They tend to be independent minded.

                        The JLA is essentially based in the US, JLE was Justice League Europe
                        but have been closed as far as I know. And I believe there was a
                        Justice League International as well.

                        Now there is a simple Justice League. With a nice big (in the comics)
                        lunar base or a (in the cartoon) orbiting satellite.

                        The characters in the cartoon are:

                        Superman - Clark Kent
                        Batman - Bruce Wayne
                        Wonder Woman - Diana
                        Green Lantern - John Stewart
                        Martian Manhunter - J'onn J'onzz or John Jones
                        Hawk Girl - don't know her name

                        Comic

                        Superman - Clark Kent
                        Batman - Bruce Wayne
                        Wonder Woman - Diana
                        Green Lantern - Kyle Rayner
                        Martian Manhunter - J'onn J'onzz or John Jones
                        Aquaman - Arthur
                        And one other permanent member whom I can't remember.
                        And then they usually have between 1 and 3 rotating members coming in
                        and out so they can keep up fresh faces.

                        Yes...I'm a JLA fan...my fave character of all time in JLA (outside
                        Supes and J'onn J'onzz) was Ice...she rocked. I was annoyed when they
                        killed her...and she's one of the few superheroes they've never brought
                        back to life...DC got into a kick about "honoring the character" and
                        jazz...come on...I just want to see her kicking butt again...;-) And of
                        course her's wasn't bad either...:-)

                        Medron Pryde

                        Angela Mahoney wrote:
                        > Super Girl wrote:
                        >

                        >>Seriously... hero teams usually (I mean always) wind up working
                        >>together.
                        >

                        > Not necessarily... especially if one is government-sponsored (although I
                        > don't
                        > know if JLA is, but their name suggests it) and one isn't... the X-Men
                        > have been labelled as terrorists before, in the comics...
                        >
                        > Zarell
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Medron Pryde
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 5, 2004
                          Yes...he's the "baddest" of the good guys...the dark dude...the one who
                          never trusts anyone...literally, even the other members of the JLA never
                          knew who he was...except Superman/Clark Kent. And I think Wonder
                          Woman/Diana may know. Of course, not many know that Superman is Clark
                          Kent either...;-)

                          But yes, they generally work together because Bruce and Clark have an
                          understanding. Clark doesn't tell Bruce to pull back on his vigilantism
                          TOO much, and Bruce doesn't tell Clark he's a stupid idiot boy scout who
                          doesn't know how dirty the real world is TOO often...:-)

                          Medron Pryde