Re: Parameter file questions and enhancement request

  • Stefan Patejak
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
      I downloaded these two files, but I can't access them when I go the Hot
      Bar. How do I do this?

      > Jim,
      >
      > Just a note. I too used Notepad to create some Structure parameter
      > files for N-scale model buildings. I first used the graphics editor
      > to make a rectangle as a footprint for the building. Then I went
      > onto the Web and located some nice N-scale model buildings that had
      > dimensions and part numbers. I created 2 such files for Model Power
      > and Design Preservation Models. You can find them in the File section
      > under Ralph's Plan. I found it is faster to use Notepad with
      > cut/paste and just enter the data manually. I hope others will do
      > this too and update the parameter database for the group members.
      >
      > Ralph

    • Martin Fischer
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2007
        Stefan,

        follow these steps:

        1. make sure your layout is set to N scale ( via Options>Layout)
        2. go to File>Parameter Files
        3. select Browse
        4. go to the directory to which you downloaded these files and select
        the first one.
        5. repeat step 4 for the second one (XTrkCad doesn't allow selecting
        several files at once here, at least on my Linux box).
        6. now you should see those two files on your list of loaded parameter files
        7. click OK to update the parameter list
        8. the new structures should appear in your hotbar

        Feel free to ask if this doesn't work for you.

        BTW I think those two files are included in the newest package for
        XTrkCad 4.0.1. ( see http://www.xtrkcad.org/ )

        Regards
        Martin