Re: [XSL-FO] xep 2.7 is having trouble with docbook FO output

  • David Tolpin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
      > I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
      > docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.
      >
      > XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:
      >
      > "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
      > type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"
      >
      > I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
      > might be.
      >
      > I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

      The trouble is with styles, not with XEP 2.7. The attribute names have been changed
      since the Candidate Recommendation. The distribution includes a stylesheet
      to convert CR XSL FO files to ones conforming to the recommendation.

      David Tolpin
      RenderX
    • Dunning, John
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
        I haven't experimented with the new XEP yet, but I did notice that the press
        release stated that it now conforms to the Rec instead of the 11/2000 CR.
        So, instead of using the 'master-name' attribute on <fo:page-sequence> , it
        expects the 'master-reference' attribute.

        HTH,
        John

        I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
        docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.

        XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:

        "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
        type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"

        I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
        might be.

        I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

        regards. ...edN

      • Ed Nixon
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
          Thanks, David.

          I did take a quick look at the spec. My reading of it is as follows:

          If the attribute "master-reference" appears in, say,
          fo:conditional-page-master-reference (among others) it must contain a value
          that has been defined earlier/elsewhere.

          Is that the correct interpretation? Your error message says the
          "master-reference" attribute is required, absolutely.

          However, perhaps I'm missing a point here.

          Thanks again, I'll run the FO through your conversion
          sheet. ...edN

          At 06:31 PM 08/11/2001 +0400, David Tolpin wrote:
          > > I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
          > > docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.
          > >
          > > XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following
          > error:
          > >
          > > "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for
          > element
          > > type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"
          > >
          > > I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
          > > might be.
          > >
          > > I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.
          >
          >The trouble is with styles, not with XEP 2.7. The attribute names have
          >been changed
          >since the Candidate Recommendation. The distribution includes a stylesheet
          >to convert CR XSL FO files to ones conforming to the recommendation.
          >
          >David Tolpin
          >RenderX

        • David Tolpin
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
            > Thanks, David.
            >
            > I did take a quick look at the spec. My reading of it is as follows:
            >
            > If the attribute "master-reference" appears in, say,
            > fo:conditional-page-master-reference (among others) it must contain a value
            > that has been defined earlier/elsewhere.
            >
            > Is that the correct interpretation? Your error message says the
            > "master-reference" attribute is required, absolutely.

            Ed,

            the error message you are getting is because master-name is used where master-reference should.
            And yes, master-reference is required for fo:conditional-page-master-reference.

            David Tolpin
            RenderX