Re: [XSL-FO] xep 2.7 is having trouble with docbook FO output

  • neelkamal.shaikh@gedc.tcs.co.in
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
      Unsubscribe.
    • David Tolpin
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
        > I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
        > docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.
        >
        > XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:
        >
        > "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
        > type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"
        >
        > I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
        > might be.
        >
        > I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

        The trouble is with styles, not with XEP 2.7. The attribute names have been changed
        since the Candidate Recommendation. The distribution includes a stylesheet
        to convert CR XSL FO files to ones conforming to the recommendation.

        David Tolpin
        RenderX
      • Dunning, John
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
          I haven't experimented with the new XEP yet, but I did notice that the press
          release stated that it now conforms to the Rec instead of the 11/2000 CR.
          So, instead of using the 'master-name' attribute on <fo:page-sequence> , it
          expects the 'master-reference' attribute.

          HTH,
          John

          I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
          docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.

          XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:

          "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
          type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"

          I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
          might be.

          I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

          regards. ...edN

        • Ed Nixon
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
            Thanks, David.

            I did take a quick look at the spec. My reading of it is as follows:

            If the attribute "master-reference" appears in, say,
            fo:conditional-page-master-reference (among others) it must contain a value
            that has been defined earlier/elsewhere.

            Is that the correct interpretation? Your error message says the
            "master-reference" attribute is required, absolutely.

            However, perhaps I'm missing a point here.

            Thanks again, I'll run the FO through your conversion
            sheet. ...edN

            At 06:31 PM 08/11/2001 +0400, David Tolpin wrote:
            > > I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
            > > docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.
            > >
            > > XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following
            > error:
            > >
            > > "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for
            > element
            > > type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"
            > >
            > > I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
            > > might be.
            > >
            > > I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.
            >
            >The trouble is with styles, not with XEP 2.7. The attribute names have
            >been changed
            >since the Candidate Recommendation. The distribution includes a stylesheet
            >to convert CR XSL FO files to ones conforming to the recommendation.
            >
            >David Tolpin
            >RenderX

          • David Tolpin
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
              > Thanks, David.
              >
              > I did take a quick look at the spec. My reading of it is as follows:
              >
              > If the attribute "master-reference" appears in, say,
              > fo:conditional-page-master-reference (among others) it must contain a value
              > that has been defined earlier/elsewhere.
              >
              > Is that the correct interpretation? Your error message says the
              > "master-reference" attribute is required, absolutely.

              Ed,

              the error message you are getting is because master-name is used where master-reference should.
              And yes, master-reference is required for fo:conditional-page-master-reference.

              David Tolpin
              RenderX