xep 2.7 is having trouble with docbook FO output

  • Ed Nixon
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
      I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
      docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.

      XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:

      "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
      type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"

      I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
      might be.

      I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

      regards. ...edN
    • neelkamal.shaikh@gedc.tcs.co.in
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
        Unsubscribe.
      • David Tolpin
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
          > I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
          > docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.
          >
          > XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:
          >
          > "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
          > type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"
          >
          > I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
          > might be.
          >
          > I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

          The trouble is with styles, not with XEP 2.7. The attribute names have been changed
          since the Candidate Recommendation. The distribution includes a stylesheet
          to convert CR XSL FO files to ones conforming to the recommendation.

          David Tolpin
          RenderX
        • Dunning, John
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
            I haven't experimented with the new XEP yet, but I did notice that the press
            release stated that it now conforms to the Rec instead of the 11/2000 CR.
            So, instead of using the 'master-name' attribute on <fo:page-sequence> , it
            expects the 'master-reference' attribute.

            HTH,
            John

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
              Thanks, David.

              I did take a quick look at the spec. My reading of it is as follows:

              If the attribute "master-reference" appears in, say,
              fo:conditional-page-master-reference (among others) it must contain a value
              that has been defined earlier/elsewhere.

              Is that the correct interpretation? Your error message says the
              "master-reference" attribute is required, absolutely.

              However, perhaps I'm missing a point here.

              Thanks again, I'll run the FO through your conversion
              sheet. ...edN

              At 06:31 PM 08/11/2001 +0400, David Tolpin wrote:
              > > I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
              > > docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.
              > >
              > > XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following
              > error:
              > >
              > > "Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for
              > element
              > > type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"
              > >
              > > I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
              > > might be.
              > >
              > > I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.
              >
              >The trouble is with styles, not with XEP 2.7. The attribute names have
              >been changed
              >since the Candidate Recommendation. The distribution includes a stylesheet
              >to convert CR XSL FO files to ones conforming to the recommendation.
              >
              >David Tolpin
              >RenderX

            • David Tolpin
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 8, 2001
                > Thanks, David.
                >
                > I did take a quick look at the spec. My reading of it is as follows:
                >
                > If the attribute "master-reference" appears in, say,
                > fo:conditional-page-master-reference (among others) it must contain a value
                > that has been defined earlier/elsewhere.
                >
                > Is that the correct interpretation? Your error message says the
                > "master-reference" attribute is required, absolutely.

                Ed,

                the error message you are getting is because master-name is used where master-reference should.
                And yes, master-reference is required for fo:conditional-page-master-reference.

                David Tolpin
                RenderX