including FO into the stylesheet

  • tessa3d@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
      HI!

      I'd like to use formatting objects in the xls stylesheets for xml.
      Using examples I specified the namespace
      xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format into my file, which is
      already using (succsessfully) xsl templetes
      xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0
      and have no result (IE6 shows no symbols after double-click on xml.
      file).

      Who knows, how to use formatting objects???
      Thanks for any assistance

      Tessa
    • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
        In a message dated 06/11/01 10:38:42 GMT Standard Time, tessa3d@... writes:

        I'd like to use formatting objects in the xls stylesheets for xml.
        Using examples I specified the namespace
        xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format into my file, which is
        already using (succsessfully) xsl templetes
        xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0
        and have no result (IE6 shows no symbols after double-click on xml.
        file).

        Who knows, how to use formatting objects???
        Thanks for any assistance

        Tessa

        Tessa,

        As far as I am aware no version of IE will display XSL-FO.

        Check out www.antennahouse.com or www.xsmiles.org for suitable browsers/formatters/viewers for XSL-FO.

        There is also an XSL-FO formatter available from IBM Alphworks but I haven't played with that yet.

        There are introductory chapters to XSL-FO in Professional XML (2nd Edition) and in Professional XSL (both from Wrox). I believe Just XSL by John Simpson also covers XSL-FO but haven't seen a copy of the book yet.

        I hope that helps you get started.

        Andrew Watt
      • tessa3d@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
          Thank you, Andrew, I'll try

          --- In XSL-FO@y..., AndrewWatt2001@a... wrote:
          tessa3d@y...
          > writes:
          >

          > > I'd like to use formatting objects in the xls stylesheets for xml.
          > > Using examples I specified the namespace
          > > xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format into my file, which
          is
          > > already using (succsessfully) xsl templetes
          > > xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0
          > > and have no result (IE6 shows no symbols after double-click on
          xml.
          > > file).
          > >
          > > Who knows, how to use formatting objects???
          > > Thanks for any assistance
          > >
          > > Tessa
          >
          > Tessa,
          >
          > As far as I am aware no version of IE will display XSL-FO.
          >
          > Check out www.antennahouse.com or www.xsmiles.org for suitable
          > browsers/formatters/viewers for XSL-FO.
          >
          > There is also an XSL-FO formatter available from IBM Alphworks but
          I haven't
          > played with that yet.
          >
          > There are introductory chapters to XSL-FO in Professional XML (2nd
          Edition)
          > and in Professional XSL (both from Wrox). I believe Just XSL by
          John Simpson
          > also covers XSL-FO but haven't seen a copy of the book yet.
          >
          > I hope that helps you get started.
          >
          > Andrew Watt
        • Carmelo Montanez
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
            There are various tutorials and papers on the net, the following come to
            mind:

            http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible2/chapters/ch18.html

            http://zvon.org/xxl/xslfoReference/Output/index.html

            http://www.tml.hut.fi/Opinnot/Tik-111.590/2000/Papers/XSLFO.pdf