Support of Tabstops

  • Ajit Nilakantan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2001

      A very early draft of the XSL:FO specs included support for
      defining tab stops. This is no longer in the official
      specs and nor is there any support in FOP.

      The tabs stops I am interested in are left / centre / right and
      decimal aligned.

      Does anyone have any idea on how to implement this?
      Or, is there any extension package available that implements
      this?

      This seems to be a severe limitation of XSL:FO, making it
      difficult to emulate many commonly used constructs in word processors.

      I looked through the FOP docs and srcs and it does not seem
      to be very straightforward to do. One major problem is that
      there is no direct access to the formatting engine (i.e. you
      do not know "where" you are). The extension samples provided (e.g.
      for bookmarks) do not affect the formatting in any way, but only
      seem to provide "meta-data" that can be pre/post processed.

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Ajit Nilakantan
      ajit@...
    • Laurent Vaills
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2001

        i was looking to the same thing in fo.
        It seems that the leader element does what we want.

        If you find something else, I am also interesting.

        Laurent