adding a newline in a block

  • Eric Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      I like to have a newline within a block say to divide chapter, like
      I would have:
      <fo:block>
      Chapter text goes here and
      is ....
      quite ...
      a ...
      few ...
      lines ...
      long ...
      Then I want a newline (or two)

      Chapter two
      goes ...
      here ...
      </fo:block>

      I started putting something like
      <chapter_break/>
      in the xml, and then creating an extra block in the fo output and
      this worked, but some fo processors don't like it and I believe
      that
      what I do breaks some rules, what is the simplest / best way to have a
      visible newline (or two) in the output, without creating another
      <fo:block>?

      thanx
      --
      Eric Smith - currently xalan and fop on linux