creating a htperlink in a pdf document

  • Eric Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2001
      iWhat is the xsl:fo code for inserting a hyperlink into PDF?

      --
      Eric Smith - See mail headers for processors used
    • Giannetti, Fabio
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2001
        Hi Eric,
        you can use the fo:basic-link expressing the external destination,
        this is similar to the HTML <a>

        e.g. :

        <fo:basic-link color="blue" text-decoration="underline"
        external-destination="http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/">
        W3C XSL-FO Specifications
        </fo:basic-link>

        Fabio

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2001
          According to Giannetti, Fabio on Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:39:28AM +0100:
          | Hi Eric,
          | you can use the fo:basic-link expressing the external destination,
          | this is similar to the HTML <a>
          |
          | e.g. :
          |
          | <fo:basic-link color="blue" text-decoration="underline"
          | external-destination="http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/">
          | W3C XSL-FO Specifications
          | </fo:basic-link>

          great!

          thanx, Fabio

          Has anyone used this with XML/XSL, like if I have say an xml:

          <link_text>
          My Home Page
          </link_text>
          <link_url>
          http://my.home.com/~me
          </link_url>

          Not sure how to use the XSL to place the value of the link_url
          into the
          external-destination=" "

          without a syntax error (cause of the quotes).

          thanx (sorry for nagging)

          --
          Eric Smith - See mail headers for processors used
        • Thomas Holz
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2001
            > | <fo:basic-link color="blue" text-decoration="underline"
            > | external-destination="http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/">
            > | W3C XSL-FO Specifications
            > | </fo:basic-link>
            > Has anyone used this with XML/XSL, like if I have say an xml:
            >
            > <link_text>
            > My Home Page
            > </link_text>
            > <link_url>
            > http://my.home.com/~me
            > </link_url>
            >
            > Not sure how to use the XSL to place the value of the link_url
            > into the
            > external-destination=" "
            > without a syntax error (cause of the quotes).

            Use <xsl:element> to specify your <fo:basic-link>-element
            For example:

            <xsl:element name="fo:basic-link">
            <xsl:attribute name="external-destination">
            <xsl:value-of select="link_url"/>
            </xsl:attribute>
            <xsl:attribute name="color">
            blue
            </xsl:attribute>
            <xsl:value-of select="link_text"/>
            <xsl:element>

            Thomas
          • Eric Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2001
              According to Thomas Holz on Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:19:22PM +0200:

              | Use <xsl:element> to specify your <fo:basic-link>-element
              | For example:
              |
              | <xsl:element name="fo:basic-link">
              | <xsl:attribute name="external-destination">
              | <xsl:value-of select="link_url"/>
              | </xsl:attribute>
              | <xsl:attribute name="color">
              | blue
              | </xsl:attribute>
              | <xsl:value-of select="link_text"/>
              | <xsl:element>
              |
              | Thomas

              or

              external-destination="{@url}">

              It's called an "attribute value template", designed for just such
              situations.

              --
              Eric Smith
            • Birney, Kenneth
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 12, 2001
                i wont start any fights 2day, promise!. can any one tell me wy the following
                code wont print
                out a line of text in explorer? ill print the dtd, xsl and xml. thanks for
                the help.

                kennny

                (dtd)

                <!ELEMENT page (text)>
                <!ELEMENT text (#PCDATA)>

                <!ATTLIST PAGE title CDATA #REQUIRED>

                (xml)

                <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
                <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="xslmk1.xsl"?>
                <!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "dtdmk1.dtd">

                <page title = "some xml (hopefully working)">

                <text>A line of text</text>

                </page>

                (xsl)

                <?xml version="1.0"?>